Randomness of our Week

 We had a quiet and relaxing 4th of July: some swimming, a yummy barbecue with family, and fireworks….and wasn’t that moon gorgeous last night?! The fireworks had some competition with that sight!
E's first sparkler

I threw together this patriotic decoration for the front door on Tuesday (nothing like last minute – ha!). I thought it would be good for the obvious holiday, but we also have a pretty patriotic year for us Americans- Summer Olympics and Election Year. So this sign will be making appearances again throughout the year. (steps to creating it are similar to this post)

paint canvas blue
add glitter stripes

print out font you like

cut letters out,  position, trace, and paint

I added a star border for detail

Tuesday E and I went to story time at the library.  The theme for this week’s stories/songs was love. Here are a few shots of the boy making a Lovebird at the end. He did a good job cutting out some of the hearts for it.




    We enjoyed some fabulous meals (and margaritas) and time catching up with some great old friends on Sunday and Monday.

I found a great new site for crafting supplies… Pick Your Plum. Once you register you will be emailed a new, limited-supply deal daily. I was able to score these cute naked wooden shapes for E’s upcoming birthday. I also have some great ideas up my sleeve on how to repurpose them in the House/at School afterwards.
source

That’s about it for around here. It’s been pretty lazy with a lot of pool time- the perfect summer! Off to see Magic Mike with my sister…


your photo name

No comments

Back to Top