Monday Made It

Well, I've been working on this post since Monday, but my computer is NOT wanting to cooperate with me. So, this Monday Made It is coming to you on a Wednesday. I have a teacher and home 'made it.'
I'm linking up again with 4h Grade Frolics. Make sure you head over there and check out other Monday Made Its!

For the teachers....
I am saving tissue boxes (it's summer....not much of a need right now for tissues) for science exploration. My original plan was to break out my Silhouette machine and add some vinyl labels to them. Then, I came up with this....

Chalkboard paint. I wasn't sure how this was going to work (painting onto cardboard) but I'm pleased with the outcome.

It didn't look like it was going to work at first because of the 'wax' finish on the cardboard. It caused the paint to bead up. But, I found that if you let it sit for a few seconds and brush over it again (without re-dipping the paintbrush) it eventually covers.

It took 3 coats to cover and with it being paper you will want to erase with just your hand.

So, now onto the purpose of this. At the beginning of the year we cover our senses in science. I plan on using these as discovery boxes, placing items inside and having students use sense of touch, smell, and hear to try and predict (hypothesis) what the object is.

The boxes can also be used for inference in reading. However, this time you would place several items in the box. The students would write down the objects and what they know to come up with an inference for what the objects mean (i.e. sunscreen, sunglasses, seashell = beach).

I created these worksheets to go with the activity. You can grab your's for FREE at my TPT shop. Please leave feedback if you choose to download and become a follower so you know when I add something new. :)

Now, for the non-teacher 'Made It'
Some artwork I made for the office remodel. I purchased a black canvas at Michaels. Then, using my computer I created a heart that I traced onto the canvas. 

I used painter's tape onto of the outline.
It took 3 coats to completely cover the black. When it was done, I felt it was lacking something and didn't look finished. I had some Washi tape laying around, so I gave it a go. 

My tape was larger than the canvas. To finish the sides I cut the corners....
And then folded one side down before the other....

I LOVE the simplicity (the name of my game) of it and can't wait to add it to my collage wall in the office!


your photo name

No comments

Back to Top