In the kitchen

I've been in the baking mood lately. I am definitely no Betty Crocker, and I'm not the experimenting type, but more of the give me a recipe to follow and I am good to go ;) 

After our strawberry picking we had tons of berries to use. The boys did put a good dent in the pile, but I utilized the rest in Strawberry Muffins. It was my first attempt at these and they turned out well. They are not overly sweet by any means and very moist. All my boys loved them. I would highly recommend them. :)

Strawberry Muffins
3 cups flour
3tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1tsp salt
1tsp grated lemon rind
2tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2-2 cups fresh strawberries (hulled and chopped)

Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients
Add milk, eggs, and vanilla and mix
Add strawberries
Add melted butter
Stir until mixed and pour into tins
Bake for 18-20 minutes


The Main Ingredients
Ready for the oven 




The bites of fresh strawberries were delicious!

Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake
So this next one IS sweet. It is a piece of heaven. MAGIC in every bite. I promise these will not let you down. I found the recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes at My Baking Addiction. The frosting recipe makes a large quantity. The first time I made them I made the full amount and I didn't even put a dent in it. This time I made a 1/2 recipe and it was the perfect amount (I made 12 jumbo cupcakes and 9 regular size). 


The frosting has just a hint of peanut butter and is light/creamy. 



The magic inside 




Crash Hot Potatoes
My last one for you isn't so much baking, but they are delicious! Do yourself a favor and make it as your side with dinner. Tonight! They come from my new favorite (and E's, lol) Pioneer Woman
First you want to boil some red potatoes. 
Once the potatoes are cooked through, you place them on a generously greased baking pan. 

Then, take a potato masher and squish them (yes, squish is a technical term, ha!)

Sprinkle with some more olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you would like. 

After baking they are golden and crispy on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside. Delicious!!

Those 'crispys' are to die for. 

So those are the winning recipes in our kitchen right now. Let me know if you try one!
 
                                                        ~Jenny~



your photo name

No comments

Back to Top