Fry Words

Say what?! My 3rd post in one weekend?! It's true...so let's get on with it!

This year my school district had some MAJOR changes with curriculum and assessment. For some this change wouldn't be a big deal, but when you are used to having everything 'handed' to you and told when to do it the new freedom can be scary. There was also one other problem with this change- it was told to us the week before school started! That left us lost and scrambling to say the least. 
My team and I decided that it was important to continue teaching/assessing sight words so we decided on using the trust Fry lists. 

The FREEBIE below is what I created to assist us in the classroom. (Just click on the picture and it will take you directly to the item in my store).



The product includes larger 'flashcards' in bright colors. These can be used for your word walls or to use as flashcards in small group. 


I also created a copy of them in black and white because I know not everyone has access to a color printer.


There is a second set of flash cards that are smaller. I print these to send home with the students for practice. They can also be used for your word wall or small group.


Lastly, there is a set of 4 checklists. I divided the 100 words into 4 lists (for each quarter). Each checklist has the ability to assess the student 4 times. These are also student friendly checklists. My students read the words to me, but then they take the lists and color in the words they got correct. This allows them to track their own progress from each assessment date. 

Hope that this product can help some of you in your classrooms! Please leave some feedback if you download and don't forget to become a follower of my store! :)

~Jenny~


your photo name

No comments

Back to Top